The information contained is to ensure that students are well informed of the policies regarding fees, charges and associated procedures applicable, for the courses and other training services provided by Construction Industry Training Australia who is in partnership with College of Climate Change.
We ensure that all fees and charges paid are recorded in the appropriate manner so as to guarantee compliance and financial integrity, this is the under national Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 and as per terms of Contractual state funding contract agreements.
*For more information please view the complete policy within the student handbook (Click HERE)
Students and or other members/parties involved are provided with the information and specifics of their training before enrolment. This includes information regarding fees and charges such as initial payments required, administration costs and or reoccurring payments if applicable. More information can be found in the student handbook
All the relevant and associated terms and conditions are also provided, this includes their rights as a consumer regarding refunds and circumstances.
Fees and charges can vary depending on the course and circumstances such as duration, location, qualification. Students have a right to pay no more than the published charge for which the student has agreed on and only for the duration of which the fees have been published. Construction Industry Training Australia or any associated party will not require any to student to pay more than $1500 in advance for any training not yet begun.
All students are provided with the various documentation regarding payments and transactions or ongoing payments, this includes invoices receipts and other records. If payment is dishonoured by any relevant clearing authority the associated receipt is made void immediately.
Students are not able to attend course until a fee is paid, the fee is clearly outlined prior to enrolment and may only be a deposit, the Fee may also contribute to or contain a non-refundable fee. Full payment is required before a student can receive their certificate of completion.
Payment is required in full prior to the student receiving their certificate or statement of attainment
College of Climate Change accepts payment for fees using:
- Credit Card
- Electronic Funds Transfer (account details available on request)
- Payment in cash is not permitted.
We take a fair and reasonable approach to refunds. The information below details a range of scenarios and the refunds available. The RTO and associated partys reserves the right to apply administrative processing fee of $500 for any refund. This is because of the materials and expense involved in accommodating a student’s session and training. * In special circumstances if they can help replace their requested spot with someone else this cause is not applicable.
The RTO may in its absolute discretion, refund some or all course fees where it determines that there are extenuating or compassionate circumstances. Refund for part course fees will be calculated on a pro-rata basis on the booking price. The pro rata will not include the enrolment fee which is a portion of fees not eligible for refund. E.g. if a student completes only 50% of the course, then they would be eligible for a 50% pro rata refund.
Any withdrawal or associated refund request from a course must be submitted in writing using the appropriate application form that can be found on the website and emailed to accounts@Collegeofclimatechange.com.au
The following information must also be included.
- Students Name
- Students Contact information
- Students USI
- Date of their effective cancellation
- The reason for their refund request
- Bank account information for refund (ACC/BSB)
- Any supporting documents attached as to their case
Note: If a student requests withdrawal due to hardship or Illness, evidence will be required (e.g. medical certificate) the non-refundable administration fee can also be deducted from any eligible refund, any refund is at the discretion of College of Climate Change
Statutory cooling off period
The statutory cooling off period begins upon signing the enrolment agreement. If a student changes their mind within the 10-day period they will receive a complete refund with their course withdrawal.
*All requests for refund or withdrawal will be processed on an individual basis
Students are entitled to a refund If Construction Industry Training Australia or associated partys fails to provide the required services within specification and which have been agreed upon. Below outlines cases and where course fees have been received, a full refund of all payments will be issued:
- The RTO have cancelled the course program or session prior to commencement
- Fees have been paid incorrectly or have exceeded that amount that was published and agreed upon* Only the money exceeding the published amount will be refunded.
- The Director sympathetically reviews any extenuating circumstances of applications for refund under the refund policy by any student.
- Students will not be entitled to a refund of any course fees if they are removed from the course for any breach of serious misconduct.
- Failure to attend course will also result in no refund unless suitable evidence for reason can be provided, any refund is at the discretion of Construction Industry Training Australia
- If a student has begun eLearning through an online course and has been provided the course learning materials and documentation
- If a student requests to be rescheduled any amount paid towards their first scheduled sitting can be carried across. There is no specific rescheduling fee if the student provides at least 5 clear workdays’ notice, however they will have to pay any outstanding amount for the alternate session if applicable.
- Approved applications for refund will be processed with fourteen (14) days of notice. All applications for refund will be reviewed and authorised by the RTO Director.
- Any student grievance or complaints regarding cancellation or refunds are to be submitted to the Construction Industry Training Australia using the appropriate form on the website
- Refunds will generally be carried out via and electronic funds transfer via Account and BSB
- Construction Industry Training Australia reserves the right to ensure the quality of courses is always maintained and that the courses run on schedule and at a suitable & sufficient capacity, if it is necessary for a date to be adjusted students will be informed immediately (Refer to Rescheduling & Extensions for more information)